Sunday, November 11, 2012

some photos from the conference
 
 
Sanibel Island is very nice, they have taken care of it
this is a dead end street with no parking just a biking or walking beach access
 
 
 
white sand
 
 
lots of shells
 
this is the island that Anne Morrow Lindbergh lived on
when she wrote, Gift from the Sea
first published in 1955
I bet the island was very different then
in fact I think you still had to take the ferry from Fort Myers
 
 
 
here was my home for the conference, I loved it
 
see the bike seat through the window
I should have taken a picture of my bike
all the main roads on Sanibel have bike paths
nice wide paved off the road bike paths
it was an easy 2 miles to the conference from the campground
and a half mile to the beach
it felt so free to ride my bike back and forth
 
 
this is the campsite of my new friend I told you about
pretty sweet
she is from Maine and she spends the winter on Sanibel and has for over 25 years
 
 
here is my photo of Susan Orlean
I know
and I am so bummed out I did not get a photo with her when I had the chance
I did not have the heart, she looked so tired
 
I did however manage to
 
 
get a photo of the handsome Mr. Dubus and myself
he was the perfect gentleman
 
so I look like a groupie
I was hoping that some of his genius and magic
 
will rub off on me
 


No comments:

Post a Comment