Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 1 - Writing Conference - Sanibel Island
 
I am actually in my tent and writing this
 this is the first time I have ever been in a campground with wifi
pretty sweet
 
late winter and spring I camped out near my parent's
so I could be available but not living there
I discovered the beauty of staying in a site with electricity
light, computer, fan
a fan was essential for camping in Florida in the spring
 
now we are having some rare below average cold spell
I have not worn this many cloths all at once since last January
people are here from like Maine and running around in shorts
I'm freezing.....I think it is like 63!
hey, it's relative
 
last night I got here before dark and picked a nice site in the back
near a small little creek, lots of trees
after dark I realize there was some strange noise
some big mechanical roaring noise that never is going to stop
oh no, I tried to ignore it, took a long walk to the beach, came back
yep still there
what, do we have to take down the tent and move to get peace?
yes, so late last night
I put everything back in the car, put the bike back on
 drove around to the other side of the park where I knew there were lots of empty spaces
drive around several times can't decide and debate and debate
finally pick one
as I am setting up my tent a woman comes over, she is staying in the tent part
but is plugging her computer in at  "my" electric post
, we start talking, she is here for the workshop too
wow, I made a friend, she is very cool and we hung out at the conference today
what are the chances in this huge park that I would move to the one site
that had her computer?? 
 
I love this planet
 
 
 
here is my thought for the day from the workshop:
 
art is a lie that makes us see the truth
 
 
and now go out and read everything you can by Tim O'Brien
he is the one who said it - he's a great liar


ps the photo on the top of this blog is from Sanibel Island

No comments:

Post a Comment