Tuesday, November 27, 2012

in case you were thinking of running out
and buying a Powerball ticket for the $500 million
 
 
 remember
the chance of a ticket winning a Powerball jackpot is 1 in 175,223,510
 
 
you have a better chance of becoming a saint
which is only 20,000,000 to 1

or of being attacked by a shark, the chance is 1 in 11,500,00
 
or of becoming president 1 in 10,000,000
 
or dying from a bee sting 1 in 6,000,000
 
 or being stuck by lightning, a 1 in 3,000,000 chance
 
the chance of your getting killed by an astroid is even smaller: 1 in 700,000
 
or getting a royal flush in poker on first five cards dealt: 649,740 to 1 
 
 
 
the chance of dying in an airplane accident: 1 in 354,319

chance of dying from choking on food: 1 in 370,035
 
(wow - who would have thought those last 2 would be the same)
 
 
Odds of bowling a 300 game: 11,500 to 1

Odds of getting a hole in one: 5,000 to 1
 
Odds of writing a New York Times best seller: 1 in 220
 
(not bad....)

Chance of getting the flu this year: 1 in 10
 
the chance an American home has at least one container of ice cream in the freezer: 9 in 10
(now your talking!)

all those things are more possible than you winning the lottery

 
 I heard someone say that the Lottery was a tax for people who can't do math
 
 
but let us not forget the following story
 
 
One day a man walked into a church and starting talking to God.  God, he said, I am at my wits end, the end of my rope, I have lost my job, and am about to lose my house.  I know I have not been the most faithful but please I am desperate and I need your help.  He hears a calm voice from above saying, you will win the lottery.  Wow, he says, that's great, thank-you and he is out the door.  The  next week he comes back into the same church.  God, he says,you have let me down and now I am really in trouble, I believed you and you let me down.  He hears a calm voice from above, you will win the lottery.  The next week the same man comes in and he is pissed.  God, he says, you lied to me, I trusted you, I am in such deep trouble now and you have not helped me.  He hears a calm voice say, buy a ticket.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment