Sunday, September 4, 2011



I recently got an e-mail from a good friend who wanted to know if I could host 3 angels for a week.  Being the pragmatic person I am, I wrote and asked her if these were real people.  If they were, then no, this was the week Willi would be gone and it was my only chance to be alone in my house and I was looking forward to it.  She said no, not real people, so I said sure.  They are coming tonight at 10:30 pm.  I need to be here, open the door and let them in.  Same with when they leave, Friday, 10:30 pm, I need to be here to open the door and let them out.  I am supposed to find 3 other people to receive them after me and put their names in an envelope on the altar I have made for them.  I sent out 3 requests today, got one fast NO back.  So hopefully the angels will not be too stressed to have to wait to find out where they are going next.  If you are interested – let me know.
In addition, I am to write 3 wishes on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope and put it on the altar.  Three wishes.  The angel invitation says “that when it comes to wishes you may want to stretch your acceptance beyond your norm”.  I don’t know about you, but I am already beyond my norm, welcoming angels into the house.  I am open to it though – why not.  Angels granting me wishes, what could be sweeter than that!
I have set up my altar on the buffet in the dining room, it is already a sort of alter, with a large Buddha, flanked by tall white tapers on each side.  The top of the buffet is covered in my most special things; my bowl of fossilized shark teeth that I have found at our local beach, a small bowl of Plush diamonds, or Oregon diamonds, that we searched for in the wild several years ago, also a handmade bowl full of round stones that I found on a beach on the pacific coast.   I have included a large white candle as the directions indicated.  It also said white flowers, I put 3 white dwarf Zinnias from my garden in a small glass next to the candle.  I include my Mexican folk art piece of a skeleton at a computer, to help with my writing wishes, I included a new penny, expanding my writing wish to actually make it work financially.  I put an Italian plum in a small dish as an offering, also a glass of water in my nicest little hand blown blue glass.  The directions suggested an apple, but a plum should be fine, don’t you think?
So now I just need to work on my wishes.  Sounds easy, who doesn’t have tons of wishes?   Coming down to 3 meaningful ones is not so easy.  I am thinking health first.  What good is anything if you do not have your health?  A healthy and long life, or is that 2 wishes, healthy and long?  I will just go for healthy, feeling good, able to eat many things and enjoy them, not getting cancer or some horrible painful disease.  Is that a wish in itself?  Or does the good health wish cover it?  I think it does.
Moving on.  My next wish is to be a fabulous writer.  With the discipline to write several books.   Fabulous so I can make a difference in the world.  I want my writing to help people in their lives, give them hope, encouragement, practical knowledge and humor.   Famous, as in many people will read my books, they will become complete successes and I will be sought after for advice, interviews and talk shows.   They will beg me to teach a semester at some big university.  I will sell the movie rights for a fantastic sum of money.  I will work on the movie and even have a walk on cameo, meeting many other famous and interesting people.   I will help my family and friends and buy that big beach house for us all to live in.
Well not too much out of the norm with wishes there – health and wealth.  It occurs to me that maybe I am thinking too narrow, too “me”, what about world peace, social justice, ending world hunger, there are lots of things I could be wishing for.  Re-reading the instructions it does say personal wishes, not health and wealth for someone else.  How can I stretch beyond the norm in my personal wishes?  Maybe I should go back to the world peace idea.  
Three wishes sounded like a lot when I started and it was hard to think of them but now I am thinking of so many things I want.  I want this country to lighten up on Mexicans and make one big safe country, make that one big safe world.   I want the rich to share with the poor creating equality and social justice among people.  I want humans to get along with each other, to stop fighting and making weapons and war the most important thing.  I want the world to make small children and defenseless animals the most important things.  Oh and I want humans to stop cutting the natural forests that we have left, I want the rivers to be clean, and the oceans too.  I want roads and cars and gas to just go away.  I want the nights to be dark, and the days ozone free.  I want to live on a farm in Italy 200 years ago.  I want to be a native on a South Seas island.  I want to live with some ancient tribe.  Now are we getting near the edge of norm?
Their arrival is upon me and I must choose, so in review, my first wish is – to live a healthy and long life (don’t forget the no cancer part), the second wish is - to become an accomplished and acknowledged writer, and the third wish - world peace – what the hell.
I’ll let you know how it goes.


1 comment:

  1. How beautiful, Deborah! I am in Kirkland with Julie, and I will be home, in Chicago in time to welcome an angel.
    My wishes are very similar to yours, however, I have the audacious belief that World Peace will happen only if, and when, Peace comes to South Shore- my Chicago neighborhood.
    Count me in.
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete