Friday, September 23, 2011

autumn equinox
I just gave a party that no one came to, seriously.  Thank nature for families, my daughter came and brought the kids and even brought a friend with her son, so we had a great time, but  none of the other people I invited came.  I even mailed out cute invitations.  L. would have come, she loved the idea but she was out of town.  P. was caretaking some puppy with a broken leg,  J. just got home from Vegas and W. only cares about the halloween party which I am not having now.  Oh and Beth’s neighbors S. and G. did not come, either did E.  It was Beth’s other friends kids first birthday.  Oh well I tried.  
I miss the pagans of the west coast, they would not miss celebrating an equinox.
I love the equinoxs and the solstices, they are non-religious, not political or cultural but experienced by every person on the planet, wether they know it our not, in a 24 hour period – it is a celestial event 4 times a year, a celebration of the change of the seasons.  Autumn Equinox, the end of summer and the beginning of fall, the light split in two, equal day and equal night.  The days will start getting shorter now to the Winter Solstice when we have the shortest day of the year and the longest night.  That is a great celebration, December 21st.  It it the retuning of the light and the lengthing of the days.  Ah the cycle of life.
I think I'll have a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment