Sunday, January 26, 2014

I seem to be on a January hiatus

I seem to be


"Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea"


thanks to Ray Troll for knowing just how I am feeling.....


that reminds me,
I have a great story about Ray.
When I was the executive director of a small non-profit in Washington State,
called, Wild Olympic Salmon,
we decided to sponsor a marathon to raise money -
we called it the Salmon Run.

What we needed was a catchy logo.
We loved Ray Trolls work and were all big fans.  He lived in Alaska, we even had some friends who knew him.....
So we are at a meeting and have to make some decisions, I say, let's write to Ray.  Ha ha ha.
Oh come on, someone says.  Call him, F. says, yeah, call him.
Ok, right, so I look on his webpage, call the number and fall off my chair
when someone answer's, Ray here.
Brilliant me, the first thing I can think of is to say was, oh my god, you answer you own phone!

After some conversation, turned out he was a regular famous artist kinda guy
and he said he would work up a logo and donate it to us -

unbelievable
he was a fish guy, but still unbelievable and yet true.
He is one hell of a nice guy.

I have long since lost the artwork he did for our run.
The group fell apart - well blew apart in the late 90's
(founders syndrome - spread like wild fire - deadly)

but here are some of my favorites


we were the salmon people


 and we could totally relate to the fish themes


it was so us




this was our favorite





http://www.trollart.com/home.html 


George Harrison - Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2IV9gxHhwM   

No comments:

Post a Comment