Wednesday, July 3, 2013

day 1

 
 Personal Accountability Project
 
 
interesting what happened to me on Day 1 of the project
 
     Yesterday I left in the morning to go to Ross and take back some water shoes that I had gotten for Willi but were too small.  I go in and there are 2 lines, one to buy something and the other for customer service.  The customer service girl was helping someone else.  I didn't think much about it and decided to wait.  Since I had to wait, why not be nice about it.  No sighing or staring.  The young employee was having a very hard time with a very difficult customer. They went through her returns like 6 times, the lady arguing the whole time. 
 
I wait a while and then another employee says, I can open the other register, so sorry that is taking so long.  I really didn't mind and acted like I didn't mind.  She says, I am going to give you an additional 10% off today.  Sweet.  It was senior day anyway so I got 20%, plus the shoe return - a bought a new dress.  Which by the way my husband said looks like a grandmother's and I am thinking - I am a grandmother....
 
Now if this was the only time this happened yesterday, I would probably not be telling you, but when I went to get lunch I stopped at a fast food restaurant, (I am not telling you which one, I am already feeling like I am being judged at fast food ) anyway what I wanted would take 4 (he was specific) more minutes.  Sure I said, waiting mode, that is my thing today.  I went to a booth and read for a good 15 minutes.  When my order was ready I saw he had a big bag of food on the counter, that's not mine I say and he says no it is, I gave you an extra meal and some stuff cause you had to wait.
 
Wow. 
Out and out rewarded by the universe for conscious waiting. 
Thanks to the Personal Accountability Project!
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment