Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cuyutlan
my home in Mexico
I have been going there for over 10 years
that is a long time for me
longer than I was in Oregon or Florida
 
 
just a forgotten little town on the beating Pacific Ocean
a sand dune really
it was nice to see it in September
everything was so green or blooming
 
I didn't stay at our place as I was only in town for a few days
and it would be too much work to get my place ready
 
so
 
 
I stayed at Casa Colorado
a property that friends just remodeled to use as a vacation rental
 
I spent a lot of really sweet time in that pool
 
 
 
 
this was the nicest place I have ever stayed in Cuyutlan!!
everything was really well done and creative
also everything was very new
 
 
they had built a very cool stairway to the roof
 
 
which had a great view of the ocean across the street
notice the solar hot water set up
 
 
this was the place next door - it just needs a little work....
who's with me?
 
 
no trip to Cuyutlan would be worth it without
lunch at Dago's seafood puesto on the malacon
camarones empanizado is my favorite
oh and the shrimp tostadas and the shrimp cocktails
are awfully good too
 
(Cuyutlan winter friends - in the summer see how there is so little beach
amazing!)
 
 
 happy eating
 
 
we did a lot of happy eating at the beach
 
 
we had a great afternoon at K.'s
he is fun and
he has such a cool house
a nice pool, nice plants
 
 
I could not believe how this plant had taken over the fence
 
 
and he has a nice view
 
 
I went to visit J.  who doesn't look a day older than when I met him
10 years ago
the salt air must agree with him
he was glad to see me
 English speakers are slim in Cuyutlan that time of year
 
even L. was not there as E. had just died
he was old and had been ill a long time
 
I did think I would go past M.'s house once
there was so much commotion in the street in front of the blue door
that I turned around
and too much emotion in me
 
es la vida, Fernando says, it is life
 
 
waiting outside the Hotel Morelos
the morning I left town
I saw this aloe plant about to bloom
wow
I didn't know they bloomed!
 
 
next stop - La Manzanita - about 80 miles north
 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the report. Great photo of Jack. You're right; he doesn't look much older than when we first met him in 1989. He's either preserved in salt or pickled in alcohol! We'll be there in about 60 days from today!

    ReplyDelete