Tuesday, November 1, 2011

we had a busy Halloween

first a parade at Emily's grade school
Meadow Park

that's Emily in the white dress
the school said they had to dress as a character from an age appropriate book

she is Cinderella
she is wearing my wedding dress all safety pinned up and tied in the back to fit
and some clear plastic high heels we got at the thrift store
"they actually fit me grandma..."
I am so honored that she wanted to wear my old dress


the 3 amigas

Em's in a great class
that's her teacher, she is wonderful with the kids
very professional
Emily is going to learn a lot this year

some kids went all out on their costumes

this one was good

Emily has made several friends, it is nice to see

after school we met Beth at their friends
the mom's made cookies, really cool, ghost cookies

dairy free so Arlo could have some
(he loved them)

the little kids stayed home eating cookies
Emily and Simon wanted to go downtown and Trick or Treat
ah come on

 the main street downtown was blocked off
I was surprised how many people there were

Emily had changed costumes and was now a mod dancer
Simon put on a hat and was a mountain climber

Willi was a bird in a mask he made himself

cute kids
(are you bored yet, almost done)



this was my favorite, it was very magical


what would Halloween be without a witch


even our drum circle on Saturday night dressed up as hippies

(what a stretch)


except for us, we forgot.....thanks for the headband

I love Halloween, next to the equinox's and solstices it is my favorite holiday
not religious in fact pagan
a chance to express your fantasy, a chance to be shocked

I wore a white paper mache mask very finely made in Mexico
it has 2 fish painted across the eyes, it is very strange
it was fun to see people's reaction when they saw me turn around

I am also not adverse to candy......



this about says it all for me

1 comment:

  1. After looking at all these cool pictures, what sticks in my mind most is, Deborah wore a traditional wedding dress! I just knew, deep down, you were a sweet, old-fashioned, traditional kind of girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete