Sunday, August 5, 2012

60

say it isn't so

I knew it was a big one and you remember I wanted to take a trip
be long gone for the day
 not meant to be

I said birthdays are not about the number
but all about the cake
well, it's my number and it is staring me in the face



but with the help


of my



adorable family








I was smiling


it was a hot day and we spent the afternoon in the yare
in the "pool"



my little brother

in fact he and I are almost exactly the same age difference
as Emily and Arlo










Emily made brownies and put the 60 on top with blueberries


Arlo thought they were pretty good


I made myself a cake too, for back-up
german chocolate, decorated by Emily
flowers from my garden


the best part of the day was receiving this adorable doll
that my daughter made


she is so talented

I had a great birthday
I am grateful for such a loving family
and lots of good wishes from friends

and the cake

was good

still not so happy with the number

No comments:

Post a Comment