Thursday, March 29, 2012

 you are wondering
what about the garden
this winter we had 2 nights of light frost and the next week one more night
but that is all it takes for some plants

the passion flowers so died off this winter
that I could hardly look at them
one day they were green and covering the fence
then almost overnight they completely turned brown
they are starting to come back now
and a friend told me that since they have established roots
they will really take off this year
woo hoo - I can't wait - they are my favorite
plus they made a few baby plants for me to transplant to other places
there is more to the garden though than passion vines
for example this lovely deep blue orchid, lily?
I thought I was buying gladiolus!

it has leaves like the glad....
hard to see here. but the flower comes off a "branch" that comes out perpendicular to the leaves
 is so strange and beautiful to me

who knew a geranium was so hardy
this one is on it's second year
the frost didn't faze it, it bloomed all winter and just keeps getting bigger


the butterflies love it
the jasmine is blooming like crazy and the smell fills the yard

it has little star like flowers

also hanging in our garden is something interesting we found while kayaking
some kind of cocoon
again not a great photo but it has little pieces of sticks all over it
 we were hanging out on a beach and we noticed that the bushes were full of these
we brought this one home
I wonder when it will hatch and if we will see what it is, I'll let you know

and this, this is the most amazing thing of all -
this was an old hot tub that did not work anymore
was never going to

it was a big deep hole with water in the bottom and it seemed so dangerous
with little kids
so we filled it in with sand last year

I thought about how I want to get something planted there and was looking into it
when I realized that the impatiens had self seeded
I didn't have to do anything
we saw one pink flower and then realized they were all impatiens

they are just getting bigger and better
just what I wanted but did not know how to do
thank you mother nature!

in addition to flowers our garden has fairies


cute fairies


that live

and sleep in the bamboo

the world is a magical place
and I am honored to be here

No comments:

Post a Comment