Wednesday, February 29, 2012

the Crows Nest


as the photo says, a landmark waterfront restaurant in Venice, Florida

Venice is north of Englewood and it is a little larger town
it was only 22 miles from our house to the restaurant though
the nice thing about Venice is that it's right on the Gulf of Mexico
on a large barrier island
most towns on the gulf are inside the bay across from the barrier islands


the site of the restaurant is wonderful as you can see from the map


we had a great view from our table
mom and dad gave us a gift certificate for christmas
they had been here years ago and really liked it


we started with a shrimp cocktail
followed by a nice salad that I did not get a photo of


Willi had huge pasta shells filled with a seafood mix


I had fried shrimp
which has been my favorite in a restaurant since I was a kid

we also got a chocolate cake to go

the perfect late lunch


after we walked to the jetty

 

this is a very famous pass


the other side of the sign


the were a lot of birds there
checking out the guys fishing



they were not very shy


we also saw lots of dolphins
they are really hard to get a photo of
I can't believe I got this one


one wild and crazy guy


cool shell fossil on a rock


we took this photo of us with the camera on the car....
I like the bird over my head


a couple who had been sitting in their car
watching our antics with the camera
came over and offered to take one for us


a great day - thanks mom and dad
love you


No comments:

Post a Comment